Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

To Be Read Tursday:The Tutor's Daughter

The Tutor's DaughterJulie Klassen has to be one of my favorite authors ever! She basicalyl writes Jane Austen style and time period books that focus on the behind the scenes part of governesses, apothecaries, maid's and in this one, I believe, tutors. Each one of her books have been really interesting and I have enjoyed them so much! I truly cannot wait to get my hand's on her latest release. It came out Jan.1st and I'm eagerly awaiting my library system to hurry up and order it!
Emma Smallwood, determined to help her widowed father regain his spirits when his academy fails, agrees to travel with him to the distant Cornwall coast, to the cliff-top manor of a baronet and his four sons. But after they arrive and begin teaching the younger boys, mysterious things begin to happen and danger mounts. Who does Emma hear playing the pianoforte, only to find the music room empty? Who sneaks into her room at night? Who rips a page from her journal, only to return it with a chilling illustration?
The baronet's older sons, Phillip and Henry, wrestle with problems--and secrets--of their own. They both remember Emma Smallwood from their days at her father's academy. She had been an awkward, studious girl. But now one of them finds himself unexpectedly drawn to her.
When the suspicious acts escalate, can the clever tutor's daughter figure out which brother to blame... and which brother to trust with her heart? (taken from Goodreads)


And isn't that cover absolutely lovely??? I think so :)  
Love, Sierra

1 comment:

  1. I won this book in a giveaway on goodreads.com! I can't wait to get it and read it! I also think Julie Klassen is an excellent author! =)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)