Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Water Song

Water Song by Suzanne Weyn.
A book in the Once Upon A Time series.
Water Song: A Retelling of "The Frog Prince" (Once Upon a Time)
Book description:Young, beautiful, and wealthy, Emma Pennington is accustomed to a very comfortable life. Although war rages abroad, she hardly feels its effect. She and her mother travel from their home in Britain to the family estate in Belgium, never imagining that the war could reach them there. But it does. Soon Emma finds herself stranded in a war-torn country, utterly alone. Enemy troops fight to take over her estate, leaving her with no way to reach her family, and no way out. With all of her attention focused on survival and escape, Emma hardly expects to find love. But the war will teach her that life is unpredictable, people aren't always what they seem, and magic is lurking everywhere. (taken from Goodreads)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Romance:Feelings and talk of feelings, a kiss or two. Langauge:0 Violence:Talk of things going on in the war (WW1), some soldiers tortured (not really described), injuries, yelling/arguments. Other:Magic (bayou magic healing), lying to keep Jack safe (the lie was that they were married). Time period:1915
My thoughts:A great retelling, not at all what you would expect from the frog prince. I thought it was really interested in how the author wove historical fiction and a fairy tale together :D  Also the war was a great addition to the story and added a lot of excitement. I enjoyed just about everything and would want to read it again, now, as it has been a while since I first read it. The romance was also nice, but I apparently didn't like the ending romance that much. I would recommend to girls YA+
My favorite character:Emma.
My cover thoughts: I really like the reflection of the castle, but otherwise I only like it.
My stars:4.5   
Love, Sierra 

1 comment:

  1. I have only read two books in this series and they were both by Cameron Dokey which are really good. Glad to hear this one is good too. Sounds good so I will have to look into getting this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)