Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Broken Wings

Broken Wings by Shannon Dittemore. Second book in the Angel Eyes series.
Book description:Angels with wings of blade. Demons with renewed sight. And a girl who has never been more broken. Brielle has begun to see the world as it really is, a place where angels intermingle with humans. But just when she thinks she’s got things under control, the life she’s pieced together begins to crumble. Her boyfriend, Jake, is keeping something from her. Something important. And her overprotective father has turned downright hostile toward Jake. Brielle fears she’ll have to choose between the man who’s always loved her and the one who’s captured her heart. Then she unearths the truth about her mother’s death and the nightmare starts. Brielle begins seeing visions of mysterious and horrible things. What she doesn’t know is that she’s been targeted. The Prince of Darkness himself has heard of the boy with healing in his hands and of the girl who saw through the Terrestrial veil. When he pulls the demon Damien from the fiery chasm and sends him back to Earth with new eyes, the stage is set for the ultimate battle of good versus evil. Brielle has no choice. She must master the weapons she’s been given. She must fight. But can she fly with broken wings?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Romance:Some kissing scenes (kept clean) and loving someone.  Language:A couple uses of dang and heck. Maybe one or two uses of crap and/or suck. Violence: A couple heavenly battles, injuries, demons chasing after Brielle & Jake, a fire in the past, yelling/arguments. Other:Brielle's father drinks throughout the book (which she hates), demons (some people, my mom included don't like to read books with demons in them), stealing of sorts. Time period:Modern.

Thoughts:I was super excited for this book to come out. I love the first book, Angel Eyes. I wish I could say that it lived up to my expectations. I really love this series. And Brielle. She reminds me of a friend. The first book was full of mystery, action, lovely beautiful scenes. I really loved it. This one was good. It had mystery and new secrets & adventures. I just felt off about the tragic romance and whole sadness and despair part of this book. It was sad in some parts and in the whole the-ring-is-gone-what-does-this-mean-I'm-freaking-out part. Which would make sense, I'm just thinking that it could have been pulled of better. I really did like this book, it just didn't measure up to the first book. I did love the whole angel part, any scene with and angel and I was good. That part was done really well. The whole dreams and clues to Brielle's mother and the past was really good too. So apart from the tragic and more sadness I really liked this book. This is one of my favorite Christian YA series. I would recommend to 13+ girls who are looking for a Christian romance/paranormal/supernatural/fantasy type book.
Characters:I really love Brielle, Jake, Canaan, and Kay. (?) There were some great characters in this book and I really liked just about all of them. Brielle was an amazing MC. I really love her.
Cover:At first I wasn't a huge fan, but I think it worked out okay. I like the right side :)
Stars:4
Love, Sierra
I review for BookSneeze®
 I was given a copy of this book by the publisher and the views I've expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I am posting my review on this book tomorrow. I really enjoyed it.

    BTW-I am hosting 5 book giveaways at my site if you want to pop over. Have a great week!

    Diane :O)
    www.dianeestrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) I sometimes dislike one thing and then let it take over my review *hangs head* Anyhow I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)