Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

MR~Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, # 1)Book description:There were no surprises in Gatlin County.  We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.  At least, that's what I thought. Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.  There was a curse. There was a girl.  And in the end, there was a grave.
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever. Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them. In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything. (taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts:I wasn't sure what I expected from this book. I was reading it partly because I thought it was about time, having seen this series several times in my library and on blogs etc. and partly because of the movie coming out. I wanted to know if I should be excited or not. I might be. While I really adored the characters and thought they simple came to life from the pages, I didn't agree with all the magical things along with some dead people meetings. Language was a 4 and though the romance was kept to making out and sweet hand holding (cue the awes) there were a couple crude jokes or simply talk of how hot or whatever a girl was. However apart from the language & dark magicy stuff I didn't really mind the rest. I liked plot and thought it was very interesting and well constructed. There was definitely a down-homey-country feel to the book, being from the south myself I could relate in several ways. There is a town kinda close to me that had  a civil war battle fought there and well, I live in the south :P Overall I did like it okay and I (depending on what I hear) want to watch the movie. I will definitely be reading the next book though... I want to know what happens! (although I was very pleased with the ending) I would recommend to both guys and girls, though I have a feeling girls are more likely to read it who are 14+
Cover:A bit plain, but I really love the font used for the title and the trees really are beautiful :)
Stars:3.7
Love, Sierra

2 comments:

  1. I am super glad I found your blog because I am always looking for something new to read which is hard because I am quite sure I have read the whole library! I will be reading. And your blog is adorable. No joke. Can't wait to check out your other blogs.

    Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Dying* to read BC but I've been told that it's really long. Hope the plot makes up for an overly long novel.

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)