Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TBR Tuesday:Goddess Inheritance & Fragments

The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3)Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.

During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.
In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.
With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything. Even if it costs her eternity. (taken from Goodreads)

Let me start out by saying this is one of my favorite series and I really love it :)
Secondly I'm dying for this book. The ending of the last book was way to EVIL. Like a cliffhanger and "how could the author do that to the poor characters?" evil. So obviously I've been dying in between the second book and with each "extra" I read (including the collection of short stories and the Goddess Hunt ebook) I wanted more in Kate's story. So I'm really super excited for this one. I have a feeling that it will be a lovely tragic read. And I adore the way the covers are done :D

Fragments (Partials, #2)Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence--it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that involves Kira, a plan that could save both races. Her companions are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them? Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what's left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira's journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and Kira and Marcus both will discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn't even know existed. The second installment in the pulse-pounding Partials saga is the story of the eleventh hour of humanity's time on Earth, a journey deep into places unknown to discover the means--and even more important, a reason--for our survival. (taken from Goodreads)
 I read the first book and liked it well enough. I don't remember all too much because I read it...who knows how long ago? So I've gotten to reread and hopefully will be putting a review up soon. I don't remember that much, but I don't think I exactly loved it. I liked it I think, but not a huge favorite. This one looks way a bit better. I'm hoping it will be. The cover is gorgeous, it sounds exciting and well...it's dystopian :D  So while I'm not dying for this book I have been waiting for the next chapter and I'm excited to read it.

Both of these books will be released Feb.26th.
Love, Sierra

8 comments:

  1. I have Partials on my shelf, but still have to pick it up. I think I'll be buying Fragments once it releases, though :) Also, I definitely enjoyed The Goddess Test. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Goddess Test is a great series :D Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. These cover concepts are really intriguing. The first is stunning, the second appropriately mysterious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Partials with a passion, so I'm very excited about Fragments. I have an ARC I'm going to read this weekend, I can't wait!

    I need to catch up on Aimee's series. I love those books too! Wonderful choices for your TBR. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous about that ARC! I want Fragments NOW! I've gotten Partials to reread, I've forgotten almost everything :( I do remember how much I loved the world...it was pretty cool :D

    It's such a great series :D Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read Aimee's books and heard of Partials, but not read it yet. Great TBR choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee Carter is a great author with a great series :D Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)