Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Unravel Me

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. Second book in the Shatter Me series.
Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Book description: tick         tick         tick           tick             tick           it's almost time               for war.
Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance. She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch. Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible. In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life. (taken from Goodreads)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Romance:A couple make out scenes where something is unzipped or taken off and while it's not super descriptive it kinda is. Between two guys as well. Several pages (2-8) per (3?) scene. Mainly Chapter 62.  Language:5+ Violence:Shooting, going a little sadistic, a couple battles, killing, injuries, an abuse and sadistic dad. Other:Strange powers (killing touch, invisibility...), lying/secrets, past drinking mentioned, illegitemate child and some talking about it. Time period:Modern.


Thoughts:Wow. This book was one that I was dying for ever since I finished the first book. Even more after reading the in between ebook. So I had a lot of expectations. It would be beautiful, exciting, have great characters and I would love it. And I did. The writing is simply beautiful! It's so expressive, like being in Juliette's head and hearing her emotions. I would love to be able to write like that. I am planning to copy it in some of my smaller "only for myself because I'm just playing" writings. Maybe if I ever finish this rough draft whose plot is still in the works when I finish my serious writing. It's beautiful. The plot had several BIG secrets that were so perfect. In some books when the character gets sad and down it ruins the book. It's pitiful. But not this one. If Juliette got down she would get back up or have it work out. Even when she stayed down for a while it was pulled of just right.

Sometimes when books have a sequel it's not exciting or emotional enough. This one was. I felt the book, it was exciting and amazing. There were great...I don't know...analogies? Just descriptions or references to how Juliette felt. Like the sunny being like a runny egg in a normal breakfast on a normal day in the past. Her body being on fire and melting. That was beautiful as well. Overall I had really no problems with this book (language can be overlooked) and I adored it. I would definitely recommend and reread. I would recommend to YA+ girls.
Characters:They were all really well done. I was interested in many of them, they were really vibrant, and I felt like I connected with a lot of them. There is just, again something about the way the author writes that makes everything fresh, exciting, and open. Kenji was hilarious and i wish I could meet him in real life. Juliette was someone I would want to be friends with and fight with. Being inside her and hearing what she felt made me want to kick a couple characters at different times. Adam was tragic. He is so moody and hot...and swoony. And such a good guy. Warner is needy. But still swoony and messed up and sometimes helpless. I have no idea which team I am. I love both. I understand both. I can see Juliette with both. I have no idea. Like I'm going to add Team Warner on my sidebar next to Team Adam. And I want a Team Juliette button too. It's just like that. And Anderson. He's creepy/sadistic. I wanted him to die. Seriously. He's scary.
Cover:Beautiful. I love it so much!!!!!!! Of the three (Unravel Me, Destroy Me, Shatter Me) this was my favorite :) I couldn't stop staring at it when I was about to pick up the book and start reading again. I would just sit there and look at it for a minute.
Stars:5 (definitely a five)
Love, Sierra

2 comments:

  1. So glad you liked this one so much and thought it was exciting. Wow. I definitely need to hurry up and read this one. Great review! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it soon! It was really "yummy" to read. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)