Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Asunder

Asunder by Jodi Meadows. Second book in the Incarnate/Newsoul series.

Asunder (Newsoul, #2)Book descritpion: DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.

In this second book in the Incarnate trilogy, Ana discovers the truth about reincarnation and will have to find a way to embrace love and make her young life meaningful. Once again, Jodi Meadows explores the extraordinary beauty and shadowed depths of the soul in a story equal parts epic romance and captivating fantasy. (taken from Goodreads)


Objectionable:Sleeping in the same bed together, a couple making out scenes and talking about how far to go and if it was inappropriate as Sam is like 500 years older than Ana. (I thought that << scene was really funny :P) Throwing rocks, kidnapping, assault, yelling/arguments, reincarnation, and mythological creatures.

Thoughts:I was really excited to read this book. I really enjoyed the first book, Incarnate, and was looking forward to the next part in this series. In nearly every way I was satisfied. There was one part in the book where I had a little trouble "feeling" the characters and the book, somewhere in the middle maybe? I'm not sure if it wasn't just me though, I'd been feeling bad that day. However other than that hiccup I really loved this book. There are the newsouls coming and being born that Ana takes a stand for. Some people are understanding her and the newsoul's case better and the lines between those who like and dislike her are becoming clearer. Although maybe the first half was more slow and easing into the plot, the second half was full of mystery and some kidnappings. I was really happy with this sequel overall and how clean it was too! (apart from the slight bit of them sleeping together) I cannot wait for the next book :) Especially to see what the cover might be... I would recommend to YA+ girls who enjoy romance and some twists and turns along the way :)
Characters:Ana was my favorite and while there were some times that she was down I didn't feel super depressed by those times because overall I think Ana always wants to be happy. In other books when the character is down I really hate it and kinda end up disliking the book if it's overly long and depressing. I really loved the scenes where she helped Sam after a certain big scene in which he was crushed. Sam is also a really great character and so sweet :D I also liked Sarit and ugh...the flower guy whose name I cannot remember. Sif? :P This happens when you read to many books. Maybe it's the souls thing but the characters really seem to shine in this series.
Cover:Beautiful. I adore both this and the first cover although the first might have been prettier. By just a little bit. The colors, hair, eyes and lighting are what transfix me the most :)
Stars:4.5
Love, Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)