Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

TBR Thursday

You know I really do try to do only one book per TBR post, but so many books keep coming out and I get behind :/ Oh well...
Avenger (Halflings, #3)
Sometimes the Truth Comes with a Price Nikki knew Damon Vessler would not let his prized creation go easily---she simply never imagined the lengths he'd go to get her back into his clutches, and turn Nikki's heart toward darkness. A Seeker at her heels, trained on her blood, Nikki flees with Raven alongside her for protection, while Mace and the other Halflings fight the battle that has erupted on earth. But even as the two boys she loves fight for her, she knows the battle will be hers to win. Determined to uncover the secrets of her past, and exactly how she fits into Vessler's twisted plans, Nikki sets off on her own, and soon discovers facing hellacious beasts is nothing compared to the decision she will need to make. One that could change not only the war, and her relationship with Mace and Raven, but her future with the Throne. (taken from Goodreads)

I'm interested in seeing where this series will go at the ending. The first two books were alright...I liked them okay, just not everything. I guess I just didn't connect that well :/ I do like the idea, some of the characters, and the books are exciting too. This or the first cover would be my favorite. And I do like the whole one color focus that the author used. This book was released March 19th.

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)

 Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the
London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And
Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her. (taken from Goodreads)

This book....I've been waiting soooo long. I've been dying to get it and devour it. I just picked it up from the library today and I'm soooooooo excited to start it! I'm dying to know what happens and I'm kinda scared to read it at the same time you know? Like I don't want anyone to die, but I want more Henry, Jem, Will, Tessa and everybody!!! And I adore the cover :) While I like the Mortal Instruments series this has been my favorite (from Cassandra Clare). This book was released March 19th.
Going VintageGoing Vintage
( I'm not sure which one is the real cover...)
When Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, cheats on her with an online girlfriend, Mallory decides the best way to de-Jeremy her life is to de-modernize things too. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in1962, Mallory swears off technology and returns to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn’t cheat with computer avatars). The List:
1. Run for pep club secretary
2. Host a fancy dinner party/soiree
3. Sew a dress for Homecoming
4. Find a steady
5. Do something dangerous
But simple proves to be crazy-complicated, and the details of the past begin to change Mallory’s present. Add in a too-busy grandmother, a sassy sister, and the cute pep-club president–who just happens to be her ex’s cousin–and soon Mallory begins to wonder if going vintage is going too far.
(taken from Goodreads)

This is another one of those books I've been waiting for. I haven't been dying, but I've seriously been anticipating how much I'll enjoy this book.  I've read a couple other books by Lindsey Leavitt and I can't wait to read this. I think it's going to be good :) Cover wise, I like both...but the one on the right is my preference. This book will be released March 26th.

A Place to Belong (Wild West Wind, #3)
 The Exciting Conclusion to Lauraine Snelling's WILD WEST WIND Series
As winter settles over the ranch, the Engstrom brothers are much on the mind of Cassie Lockwood. The way Lucas smiles at her should set her heart to tripping. But it doesn't. Shouldn't there be some attraction to him if they are going to be married? His vow to make her love him does not seem to be working, no matter how considerate and charming he is.
Ransom Engstrom is another matter. After Cassie's train trip to a shooting competition, she realizes she misses Ransom more than Lucas. And then there's the look she caught Lucas sending Betsy Hudson at church one Sunday. Are she and Lucas drifting apart?
Meanwhile, Ransom has discovered that he cares for Cassie but can't bring himself to express his true feelings to her. When she leaves to join a Wild West show for the summer, will Ransom summon the courage to go after her?
(taken from Goodreads)

Although the first book wasn't super amazing, the second was. I loved it! The characters, writing, plot, romance...everything was perfect. I cannot wait to find out what happens next and everything! Other than a teen/tween series this is the only series I've read from Lauraine Snelling...but after how much I loved this one I'm definitely going to try some of her other books :D And the cover? Soooo pretty! This book will be released April 1st.

Also check out: Bot wars, by J.V. Kade. Released March 21st.
And:Pheme The Gossip, by Joan Holub and   
(I know their Middle Grade and all...but I'm often surprised by fun, interesting and sometimes even deep/complex Middle Grade books)
Love, Sierra

3 comments:

  1. Need to read Lindsey's! Looks and sounds so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sierra,

    I am looking for homeschooling contributing authors to contribute to a new homeschool content network. If you are interested, please contact me at byrnebookworm@gmail.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are loving Clockwork Princess! I always thought of TMI as my favorite but this book tipped The Infernal Devices well into the lead. Loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)