Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

TBR Thursday:Requiem & Poison

Requiem (Delirium, #3)They have tried to squeeze us out, to stamp us into the past. But we are still here. And there are more of us every day.
Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.
After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancée of the young mayor.
Maybe we are driven crazy by our feelings.
Maybe love is a disease, and we would be better off without it.
But we have chosen a different road.
And in the end, that is the point of escaping the cure: We are free to choose. We are even free to choose the wrong thing. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge. (taken from Goodreads)


Delirium was good. Pandemonium was great. And I'm dying for Requiem. They've already started shipping them out at my library, after just two days (it was released the 5th) and I cannot wait to get my copy...hopefully next week. I've gotten Pandemonium to reread and I'm practically bouncing to read this book!  This series is set in a great and exciting dystopian world that is really well done. In Pandemonium the rebel side is really blooming and there is an incredible, tragic, heartbreaking cliffhanger. Team Alex. Just saying. Either way this book had better get to me soon :D (also really excited about the tv series Fox is making! I think it's Fox anyway. Pretty sure)


Poison
Sixteen-year-old Kyra, a highly-skilled potions master, is the only one who knows her kingdom is on the verge of destruction—which means she’s the only one who can save it. Faced with no other choice, Kyra decides to do what she does best: poison the kingdom’s future ruler, who also happens to be her former best friend.
But, for the first time ever, her poisoned dart . . . misses.
Now a fugitive instead of a hero, Kyra is caught in a game of hide-and-seek with the king’s army and her potioner ex-boyfriend, Hal. At least she’s not alone. She’s armed with her vital potions, a too-cute pig, and Fred, the charming adventurer she can’t stop thinking about. Kyra is determined to get herself a second chance (at murder), but will she be able to find and defeat the princess before Hal and the army find her?
Kyra is not your typical murderer, and she’s certainly no damsel-in-distress—she’s the lovable and quick-witted hero of this romantic novel that has all the right ingredients to make teen girls swoon. (taken from Goodreads)


This book has a cool cover and an enticing description. The whole poison and attempted murder thing drew me in the most. Although in some ways it sounds more like a high school themed book only in a medieval setting with an assassination mixed in. But still I want to try this book out. This book will be released March 12th. (totally just saw and got freaked out by the pig head :P)


Also check out:
Orleans by Sherri L. Smith. Released today. Middle school & dystopian/survival/apocalyptic.
The Menagerie by Tui. T Sutherland & Kari Sutherland.  March 12th. Middle Grade & fantasy.
 Love, Sierra

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I just died visiting your blog and seeing Requiem. Seriously. Delirium and Pandemonium are my favorite books in the entire world (I seriously cry every time I read!) and I CAN'T WAIT to get my hands on a copy of Requiem. I've ranted about it quite a few times on my blog. I am seriously dying to know what happens with the little love triangle. Ugh, I have so many opinions about it. Glad to see another person as invested as I am! new follower! :)
    Juliet
    www.apurplesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved Pandemonium and cannot wait for Requiem!!! Pandemonium's ending was torture!!! Thank you so much for the comment and the follow! I will hopefully get around to your blog sometime soon (grrrr life!)

      Delete
  2. EEEEEEEEE Requiem! I am so so excited to read the book. Haven't read Poison but I've heard good things about it ;)

    I am a new follower as well. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you've heard good stuff on Poison. I am dying for Requiem!!! :D Thanks so much for the follow!!

      Delete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)