Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

TBR Tuesday:Grave Consequences & Infatuate

Grave Consequences (Grand Tour Series, #2) For Cora Kensington, the journey of a lifetime takes unexpected twists. And her future—her very life—depends on the decisions she’ll make at each crossroad. As her European tour with her newfound family takes her through Austria, France, and Italy, an unseen enemy trails close behind. Meanwhile, a forbidden love continues to claim her heart, putting everyone’s plans in danger. And as Cora stays one step ahead of it all, what might need the most protection is her own heart, torn between the dramatic pursuit of a dashing Frenchman and a man who has been quietly staking claim to her affections all along. Love has dangers all its own. She must escape the bonds of the past and discover the faith to make the right choices, as each one has grave consequences. (taken from Goodreads)

I read the first book in this series and enjoyed the time period, characters and, as the series is based around the characters going on a Grand Tour, the different places they visit. Although exciting enough the first book wasn't extremely action packed but made up for it in writing and scenery, in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing what awaits in the second book, judging from the cover I would say there is a bit more excitement coming :D This book was released March 1st.



Infatuate (Gilded Wings, #2)Haven Terra is still recovering from an internship that brought her literally to the brink of hell when a trip to New Orleans leads to more trouble. Graduating early from high school leaves the spring semester free, so Haven and her friends Dante and Lance head to the Big Easy to volunteer with community service projects. But their true mission becomes clear when they run across an enclave of devils known as the Krewe. New Orleans is a free-for-all for these shape-shifting devils, who are more reckless and vicious than any Haven, Lance, and Dante have encountered. And they soon discover their French Quarter housemates are also angels-in-training, and together they must face off with the Krewe in their quest for wings. But Haven’s resolve is tested when Lucian, the repentant devil with whom she was infatuated, resurfaces and asks her for help escaping the underworld. Can he be trusted? Or will aiding him cost Haven her angel wings—and her life? Thrilling, romantic, and full of surprises, this gripping sequel to Illuminate takes the battle of good and evil to the next level. (taken from Goodreads)

Although I'm not crazy about the whole hell and devil parts I really did enjoy the first book. I thought that had a nice plot and the author a very nice writing style. It was a charming book even if I did not agree with some things in it. I am definitely interested to see where this second book will be going plot wise and also about the setting! New Orleans is a very interesting place :) This book was released today, March 5th.
Love, Sierra

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Cannot wait to get your thoughts on Grave Consequences, Sierra! It was SO good. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Beautiful Illusions, but I still haven't read it. The covers for the series are gorgeous and I love the premise :) I also really want Illuminate soon. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of Grave Consequences but I am definitely intrigued about Illuminate and this sequel. I don't think I realized new Orleans was the setting. I like that! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)