Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Also Known As

 Also Known As by Robin Benway.
Also Known As
Book description:Being a 16-year-old safecracker and active-duty daughter of international spies has its moments, good and bad. Pros: Seeing the world one crime-solving adventure at a time. Having parents with super cool jobs. Cons: Never staying in one place long enough to have friends or a boyfriend. But for Maggie Silver, the biggest perk of all has been avoiding high school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations.

Then Maggie and her parents are sent to New York for her first solo assignment, and all of that changes. She'll need to attend a private school, avoid the temptation to hack the school's security system, and befriend one aggravatingly cute Jesse Oliver to gain the essential information she needs to crack the case . . . all while trying not to blow her cover.



Thoughts:I had read a couple reviews for this book and just loved the title (a.k.a. hehehe) so I had been wanting to read it. I saw it on the shelf pretty soon after I heard about it so I was excited that I had found it so soon and easily :P And I couldn't wait to get started in it. Maggie Silver is a spy. In fact that isn't even her real name. It's just her name for this mission. Luckily Margaret can be used as many nicknames. But Maggie is her favorite. Her parents are spies that work for a group called the Collective that help stop stuff like human trafficking and other behind the scenes evil stuff. They're the good guys. Anyway Maggie has been moved about everywhere and now she is back to New York City. And she's just been handed her first real, solo mission! She's determined to do well! Maggie isn't so sure when she hears what the mission is though. Her mission is to go to private high school and make friends with Jesse Oliver. His dad has an article that could be super dangerous to the spies. Because it's about them, if it gets out they think it will name names...those names would be Maggie's and her parents! So it's super important that she becomes friends and is able to sneak around Jesse's house to find out what is going on with this article and shut it down. While keeping her head and trying to not fall for Jesse...oops.

Pros:The characters! Maggie is funny, determined, sassy, dramatic, and a really good girl with a good heart. I loved her. Roux becomes her best friend as the other outcast at their private school and is just hilarious! She cracked me up :D She is so original and random... Jesse is a genuinely good guy who can also be pretty funny. The way that these three are tied together is great and they make a wonderful team! The plot kept rolling and the ending isn't at all what I would have expected from the beginning. There are some definite surprises and although I sorta guessed the ending, I didn't guess it all and I was thoroughly enjoying every minute with this book :D

Cons:Writing and storyline wise I had no problems and loved everything. There was mention of sleeping with someone (Roux, in the past), a party where there is some drinking, spies of course, slight bit of violence, mention of illegal crimes like human trafficking etc. and a bit of cussing (82 words). There were also a couple sweet kisses.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book and it pretty much instantly made its way onto my favorites list. (haha favorites shelf just made!) The characters were just beautiful and that and the hilarious scenes and comments along with a good and interesting plot were my main reasons for loving it. I would recommend to teen girls (14+) who enjoy romance and spies with some funny business on the side :)
Rating:5 stars  
Love, Sierra

7 comments:

  1. If I hadn't read your review, I would've never thought of reading this book. Now I really want to! :D

    Awesome review!

    xoxo
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been interested in the book because of the cover & title, but the book is seriously so GOOD!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, this sound really good!! I'll have to check this one out. :) I love spy stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a great one :) If you do pick it up I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. This one sounds pretty fun -- I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love a good, fun spy girl novel. This sounds like one I'd be interested in reading. Thanks for the review! :)

    Kris @Imaginary Reads

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)