Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

TBR Tuesday:The Moon and More & Stealing The Preacher

The Moon and More 
Luke is the perfect boyfriend: handsome, kind, fun. He and Emaline have been together all through high school in Colby, the beach town where they both grew up. But now, in the summer before college, Emaline wonders if perfect is good enough.

Enter Theo, a super-ambitious outsider, a New Yorker assisting on a documentary film about a reclusive local artist. Theo's sophisticated, exciting, and, best of all, he thinks Emaline is much too smart for Colby.

Emaline's mostly-absentee father, too, thinks Emaline should have a bigger life, and he's convinced that an Ivy League education is the only route to realizing her potential. Emaline is attracted to the bright future that Theo and her father promise. But she also clings to the deep roots of her loving mother, stepfather, and sisters. Can she ignore the pull of the happily familiar world of Colby?

Emaline wants the moon and more, but how can she balance where she comes from with where she's going?

Sarah Dessen's devoted fans will welcome this story of romance, yearning, and, finally, empowerment. It could only happen in the summer. 
Does there have to be a reason for why I'm looking forward to this book? It's an amazing author whose other books I have loved! She is really talented and I've enjoyed all of the books I've read from her. I'm excited for this new release, it looks really good! This book releases the 4th of June.
Stealing the Preacher
On his way to interview for a position at a church in the Piney Woods of Texas, Crockett Archer can scarcely believe it when he's forced off the train by a retired outlaw and presented to the man's daughter as the minister she requested for her birthday. Worried this unfortunate detour will ruin his chances of finally serving a congregation of his own, Crockett is determined to escape. But when he finally gets away, he's haunted by the memory of the young woman he left behind--a woman whose dreams now hinge on him.

For months, Joanna Robbins prayed for a preacher. A man to breathe life back into the abandoned church at the heart of her community. A man to assist her in fulfilling a promise to her dying mother. A man to help her discover answers to the questions that have been on her heart for so long. But just when it seems God has answered her prayers, it turns out the person is there against his will and has dreams of his own calling him elsewhere. Is there any way she can convince Crockett to stay in her little backwoods community? And does the attraction between them have any chance of blossoming when Joanna's outlaw father is dead set against his daughter courting a preacher?

This is another lovely author. Her books make me smile and I'm definitely excited for revisiting a character from a previous book. I am super excited and I have been waiting for this book since I finished the last book, Short Straw Bride. It's the first in the Archer Brothers series. The story sounds fun and interesting, I can't wait to get started on it! This book releases the first of June.
Love, Sierra 

6 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED for the new Dessen! My copy is on its way to me from Book Depository, and I will definitely be dropping everything to read it once it arrives. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm so jealous! I am so super excited though, I'll be watching for a review very very soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to Stealing the Preacher, too!! Haven't heard of the other one, but it sounds good as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stealing The Preacher is going to be epic, I KNOW. Yeah, it sure does :)

      Delete
  3. Need to start reading 'Preacher' soon to meet my tour date. Hopefully in the next week, I'll get to that. Happy reading, Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Sarah Dessen's book, so I'm really excited for The Moon and More. It definitely doesn't hurt that the cover is gorgeous ;) Also, Stealing the Preacher sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)