Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Critical Pursuit

Critical Pursuit by Janice Cantore.
Critical Pursuit
 Officer Brinna Caruso has built a reputation at the precinct as the cop to call when a child goes missing. For Brinna, it's personal because she was once one of them. Brinna and her K-9 search and rescue dog, Hero, will stop at nothing to find a missing child, no matter the stakes.Detective Jack O'Reilly isn't ready to return to his homicide duties, after losing his wife to a drunk driver. He's on the downside of his career, and bent on revenge, when he's assigned as Brinna's partner. While on patrol, Jack struggles between his quest for personal justice and his responsibility to those around him, especially his partner.Skeptical of Jack's motives, Brinna isn't sure she can rely on her new partner, whose reckless abandon endangers the safety of those around him. But when a man surfaces with an MO similar to the criminal who abducted Brinna twenty years earlier, Brinna and Jack must cast aside previous judgments and combine efforts to catch the kidnapper, and finally allow Brinna the peace stolen from her as a child.

3.5
I enjoy reading books like this for the suspense and getting a peak at the police force world. This book did have some of the more stomach turning sides of it, which made it more realistic. I liked that and thought it was super cool how the author a retired cop. Sure I got a bit grossed out here and there but it really wasn't all that bad. Provided you can handle it.

I liked the characters well enough and this was a very interesting book. However a couple things at the end seemed tied up a bit quickly and I guessed pretty easily that the twins would be kidnapped.((highlight <<)
I enjoyed it a lot and would recommend to those who like this genre, but it wasn't a favorite with me because I had a bit of trouble getting "in" the story. But, really exciting and I loved how the author was a former officer.

Content:Murders, shooting, kidnapping, child molesting mention but never described, mention of other crimes.
Tyndale Blog Network
I was provided with a free copy of this book by the publisher and the views I've expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved crime and cop shows but haven't read enough books. Glad you enjoyed this one. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)