Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Memory's Door

Memory's Dorr by James L. Rubart. Second book in the Well Spring series.
The prophecy brought them together. But the Wolf has risen, and now their greatest battle begins.
The four members of Warriors Riding have learned to wage war in the supernatural, to send their spirits inside people’s souls, to battle demonic forces, and to bring deep healing to those around them.
But their leader Reece is struggling with the loss of his sight. Brandon is being stalked at his concerts by a man in the shadows. Dana’s career is threatening to bury her. And Marcus questions his sanity as he seems to be slipping in and out of alternate realities.
And now the second part of the prophecy has come true. The Wolf is hunting them and has set his trap. He circles, feeding on his supernatural hate of all they stand for. And he won’t stop until he brings utter destruction to their bodies . . . and their souls.
 4.5 stars

 The first book was very strong and impacting and so was this one. It didn't get as strong until the end, I felt, but it certainly causes you to think about a lot of things. Including your lifestyle. And that's along with being and extremely exciting book, having some relatable characters, and a truly magical tale.

The plot went up and down and it wasn't really straightforward but I liked it. It's almost like life instead of a written story. You don't know where it's going and the path doesn't seem clear at all. Even though it'd been a while since I had read the first book I still was able to understand what was going on, which was really nice.

I really liked some of the characters and others not so much. The story is mainly about Dana, Brandon, Marcus, and Reece. While I thought Marcus was really funny, Dana was strong and reece was strong and nice...well Brandon didn't really connect to me until the end. Before I kinda thought he was a jerk even though I had read the first book. The characters aren't stunning but you can get where they're coming from and you like them :)

Overall, I enjoyed this book a lot, it's a powerful book that takes a deeper step into our power as Children of God and I found it really interesting and exciting. It definitely makes you think but it's a really good book. Really. I'd recommend to teens and adults.

Content:Spiritual battles, demons, transportation & going into souls. Mention of drinking wine? And an accident resulting in death in the past that is discussed a bit.

I review for BookSneeze®
I received a free copy in exchange for a review and the views I'm expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)