Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dangerous by Shannon Hale

DangerousMaisie Danger Brown just wanted to get away from home for a bit, see something new. She never intended to fall in love. And she never imagined stumbling into a frightening plot that kills her friends and just might kill her, too. A plot that is already changing life on Earth as we know it. There's no going back. She is the only thing standing between danger and annihilation.

From NY Times bestselling author Shannon Hale comes a novel that asks, How far would you go to save the ones you love? And how far would you go to save everyone else?


Add on goodreads?


I was a bit scared to start this book. But then I was excited at the same time. Shannon Hale was the first YA author I read and the first YA book I read was her book, The Goose Girl. She's been a favorite of mine for a very long time. She's been, sadly, quiet lately. She had a middle grade book come out last year and I was a little disappointed with it. Partly because I expected a lot and also because I was older and so some things I see differently than I would have if I were still a tween. However with this book I was pleasantly surprised. And really happily surprised. I wasn't sure what to expect so I didn't even think about it that much. I'm pretty sure that I had read the summary before I picked it up and I knew it wasn't going to be the more...girly (fairy tale-like) type that most of her books have been like. So I pick it up and I'm very happy with this more dangerous genre that she is writing in. It's kind of science fiction/superhero/adventure I guess. It's a really lovely book and I think that it's a good different that she is trying. I thought that her writing style had a nice flow and it fit the genre. 

Maisie was a very sweet character and I liked her a lot. She and her best friend Luther were adorable together, such nerds. I really liked her for being geeky, it was cool and it definitely helped her in her mission to save the earth. Wilder I wasn't especially sure about. There were times that I liked him but then others where I didn't trust him at all. In the end I did like his character though. I liked Maisie's parents as well as the other adult characters in the book (excluding Wilder's father). The rest of the fireteam had some issues. I liked them in the beginning but once they started changing...well yeah. Which brings me to the fireteam and you know the...artifacts or whatsits. They were awesome. And cool. And everything that makes my nerdy fangirl scream. They were just amazing. I mean techno, thinker, strength, shooter, and a body armor like disc thingy that bonds with you and gives you nanotmites or something and you get these awesome abilities...superhero much? I loved it. It also helped some of the less exciting parts to be interesting because it would usually be something about how they worked or just something. But really, there weren't many slow parts. It was really exciting and there were some great plot twists as well!!
5 stars
Overall, I was very very happy with this book and I cannot wait for more from Shannon Hale because she is a great author. I would love to see more from this sort of genre as well because she did a great job with it!
Other books by Shannon Hale.
Sorry this was a day late :o

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)