Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Going Rogue by Robin Benway

Going Rogue by Robin Benway Being permanently based in a local New York City high school as an undercover operative has its moments, good and bad, for 16-year-old safecracker Maggie Silver.

Pros: More quality time with her former mark-turned-boyfriend Jesse Oliver and insanely cool best friend, Roux.
Getting to spend quality time with her semi-retired and international spy honorary uncle, Angelo.

Cons: High school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations.

But when Maggie's parents are falsely accused of stealing priceless gold coins, Maggie uses her safecracking skills to try and clear their names.

Too bad it only serves to put her and everyone she loves in danger. Maggie and her "new team" flee to Paris where they must come up with a plan to defeat their former allies.


Add on Goodreads?

I wasn't exactly sure what I was to expect from this sequel. It turns out that I was really happy with the way it was done. Picking up where the first book (Also Know As) has left off we find Maggie still learning how to balance spy life and a normal life, probably even struggling with it a little more. We also get to find out more about how far gone the agency that she and her parents work for has be infiltrated and how many agents have been compromised. Which was quite interesting. So in the spy areas I found it was really strong although towards the end it took on a Gallagher Girls feel...hmmm. You get introduced to some new characters who I thought were pretty cool. And it got pretty exciting about half way through, too. And Roux....she is always gonna be a favorite character of mine. I like Maggie but Roux is just hilarious!
4 stars
Overall, I think that this was a good sequel. I think that first book was still better...but this one held it's own and it's an awesome and fun spy book!

(sorry if my reviews are shorter with some and longer with others...sometimes I don't write the review until later and my mind blanks :/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)