Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Something Real by Heather Demetrios

Something Real by Heather DemetriosSeventeen-year-old Bonnie™ Baker has grown up on TV—she and her twelve siblings are the stars of one-time hit reality show Baker’s Dozen. Since the show's cancellation, Bonnie™ has tried to live a normal life, under the radar and out of the spotlight. But it's about to fall apart . . . because Baker’s Dozen is going back on the air. Bonnie™'s mom and the show's producers won't let her quit and soon the life that she has so carefully built for herself, with real friends (and maybe even a real boyfriend), is in danger of being destroyed by the show. Bonnie™ needs to do something drastic if her life is ever going to be her own—even if it means being more exposed than ever before.

Add on goodreads?

This was a really interesting, Even about a week after reading it, it was still present in my mind, I saw some ad in a gossip page about Kate what's her name with 8 kids from Kate plus eight, and I couldn't help wondering about her relationship with her kids and with ex-husband has been affected by the cameras. This really gave you an inside look at the horror that can be reality TV. I thought it was very realistic in the sense that reality TV is very unrealistic and scripted and harsh. 
I absolutely loved the characters!! Bonnie/Chloe was a little messed up but I think it helps us to understand the situation better. Benton, her brother was absolutely and completely lovable. Her besties were so cute and what's his face Patrick or whatever was super sweet and lovely. I got interested in the plot pretty quickly and I thought it was well done. I read it quickly and it's one of the most unique contemporary books I've ever read.
4 stars
Overall, I enjoyed it and it was definitely something that you (or at least I) don't read about in a book everyday. I think it was really well done in expressing how hard being famous can be and especially growing up with it as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)