Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Paladin Prophecy by Mark Frost Review

The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1)Will West is careful to live life under the radar. At his parents' insistence, he's made sure to get mediocre grades and to stay in the middle of the pack on his cross-country team. Then Will slips up, accidentally scoring off the charts on a nationwide exam.

Now Will is being courted by an exclusive prep school . . . and is being followed by men driving black sedans. When Will suddenly loses his parents, he must flee to the school. There he begins to explore all that he's capable of--physical and mental feats that should be impossible--and learns that his abilities are connected to a struggle between titanic forces that has lasted for millennia.

Co-creator of the groundbreaking television series Twin Peaks, Mark Frost brings his unique vision to this sophisticated adventure, which combines mystery, heart-pounding action, and the supernatural.


Check it out on goodreads! 5 stars 

What I liked: Where do I begin? I loved the world-building and the school grounds are so awesome. I would totally love to visit ;) With a very large coat. I also really loved how the plot just grew and grew and kept adding on. There are literally no boring parts to this book! It's exciting in the first chapter, it's exciting in the last chapter, and everywhere in between. I remembered some of the plot from before so I don't actually remember if I guessed anything...I don't think I did...

Anyway, plot, world-building, excitement...all amazing. I really like the writing style it flows really easily and it doesn't treat you like your stupid. It gets you into the character's head and dives into the plot. I want to say that the writing is deep, and it sort of was. But it was deep and intense without seeming very intense. Which is pretty talented I think.

The characters are really diverse and in my case I fell in love pretty easily. They're all really interesting and funny. They're not all smart and it does a good job of illustrating the importance of intelligence and doing what you want in the future and believing you can create that future. It also shows that even if you aren't as smart you still have your talents and can use them just as well. Another thing I really loved about this book, and I can remember loving it the first time I read it too, are the rules that Will's dad has made up. And they're really great and wise rules. And it also adds a very unique element to the story.

What I didn't like so much:I really can't think of anything I didn't like.

Overall, this is such an amazing book and I enjoyed it just as much rereading it as I did the first time. There's honestly not anything that I can think of that I didn't like. Everything was on point and very well written. I would highly suggest this book if you enjoy fantasy/action/adventure and I'm planning on forcing my brother to read it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)