Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories


If you love holiday stories, holiday movies, made-for-TV-holiday specials, holiday episodes of your favorite sitcoms and, especially, if you love holiday anthologies, you’re going to fall in love with MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME: TWELVE HOLIDAY STORIES by twelve bestselling young adult writers, edited by international bestselling author Stephanie Perkins.

Check it out on goodreads! 4.5 stars

Midnight by Rainbow Rowell- This story was super cute gave me butterflies in my stomach. Loved the characters and the whole story. Her writing style is lovely :)

The Lady and The Fox by Kelly Link- I was rather reminded of a Scottish fairy tale I read a while ago. It was interesting enough. Christmassy. Fey-like.

Angels in The Snow by Matt de la Peña- Cute and Christmassy. I liked the spanish influences.

Polaris is Where You'll Find Me by Jenny Han- This one was cute and unique. I liked that it was set in the North Pole, it was the only one that Santa and his Elves appeared in it. 

It's A Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins- Oh wow, so cute and definitely lived up to my expectation of it being written by Stephanie. :)

Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan- Cute. Dunno if I got the meaning of it. But cute and I really liked the characters and writing. 

Krampuslauf by Holly Black- Quite interesting. I really liked the folklore bit and it was original. If a bit violent or vengeful, it's still a unique twist.
 
What the hell have you done Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman- Cute, I liked the writing and I liked the style or vibe. 

Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire- Really cute and wasn't what I had been expected. Really enjoyed it and the characters and setting. 

Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White- I really liked it was cute and American feeling. I enjoyed the ending so much and the Spanish and the characters. Had some really funny parts too :)

Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter- Cute and a very interesting twist!! It was also quite funny.

The girl who woke the dreamer by Laini Taylor- Interesting and quite unique feel. Pretty good I guess. It was a bit darker.

So overall, it was a very cute collection. I'm pretty sure that this was my first anthology that wasn't fantasy, horror, supernatural, or dystopian and I enjoyed it. Probably much more than I have the others. It was much lighter for one and it definitely put me into the holiday spirit! I think that I enjoyed every story, even the ones that were slightly darker. There wasn't one that wasn't unique or well written either, there were loads of amazing authors! If you're looking for a holiday book to read, I would highly recommend this one as I thoroughly enjoyed it :) And it was cute! (sorry for my repetitive use of that word but it's the most adequate I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)