Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Boy Most Likely To

Surprises abound and sparks ignite in the highly anticipated, utterly romantic companion to My Life Next Door

Tim Mason was The Boy Most Likely To:
- find the liquor cabinet blindfolded
- need a liver transplant
- drive his car into a house

Alice Garrett was The Girl Most Likely To:
- well, not date her little brother’s baggage-burdened best friend, for starters.

For Tim, it wouldn’t be smart to fall for Alice. For Alice, nothing could be scarier than falling for Tim. But Tim has never been known for making the smart choice, and Alice is starting to wonder if the “smart” choice is always the right one. When these two crash into each other, they crash hard. 

Then the unexpected consequences of Tim’s wild days come back to shock him. He finds himself in a situation that isn’t all it appears to be, that he never could have predicted . . . but maybe should have.

And Alice is caught in the middle. 

Told in Tim’s and Alice’s distinctive, disarming, entirely compelling voices, this return to the world of My Life Next Door is a story about failing first, trying again, and having to decide whether to risk it all once more.

Published August 2015. Sort of the sequel to My Life Next Door.
4 stars.

I've honestly been so bad this year about writing reviews or waiting too long and then not remembering all of the thoughts I had about the book I'm attempting to review. That would be the case here, I know that the writing was good and that I enjoyed this book. While My Life Next Door is still my favorite, The Boy Most Likely To was a nice follow-up to it and I enjoyed it better than What I Thought Was True which I'm not sure is exactly tied to My Life Next Door. In any case, it's a good story that you easily get addicted to. I liked the characters and although they weren't perfect, I thought it made them realistic. The romance was decent and swoon-worthy at times. The Garrets are just as amazing in this book as they were in the first. They're honestly my favorite part of the story. I also felt like I could really relate to Alice, who made sacrifices because she felt she must and put her family before everything else. She did it and was grumpy about it sometimes (I'm probably not explaining this very well) but still did what she felt she had to. I could really relate to that. The situations that Tim is put into are interesting and thought provoking, I thought about the future and everything he was put through a lot while reading this book. 
Overall, I thought the characters and this book as a whole were great. I can't remember disliking anything specifically...I think that something Alice did annoyed me here or there, or something she or Tim said that ended up hurting the other, etc. etc. but for the most part I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it if you're a fan of contemporary romances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)