Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Powerless by Tera Lynn Childs

Kenna is tired of being "normal". The only thing special about her is that she isn't special at all. Which is frustrating in a world of absolutes. Villains, like the one who killed her father, are bad. Heroes, like her mother and best friend, are good. And Kenna, unlike everyone else around her, is completely ordinary— which she hates.

She’s secretly working on an experiment that will land her a place among the Heroes, but when a Villain saves her life during a break-in at her lab, Kenna discovers there’s a whole lot of gray area when it comes to good and evil and who she can trust.. After all…not all strength comes from superpowers.



         ~                   ~                   ~                      ~                      ~                    ~                      ~                        ~


Where do I start about this book? I loved it!! To my shame I’ve been reading less and less the past year, finding it hard to find time to read and whenever I did start a book it would generally take me a while to finish. However, that wasn’t true for this book. Powerless was amazing and kept me very interested, I was up late reading and it was the first thing I did the next morning, well besides grabbing some breakfast maybe… Point is, this book grabbed my attention from the get-go and was very well written. It’s lighthearted and full of excitement while handling some crazy plot twists! This has been the quickest I’ve read a book in a while and it definitely made me want to read more in the series…like why isn’t the second book out yet?! ;-;

I loved the characters and none of them felt cliche to me, at first glance maybe a little (businessman and ultra good guy’s daughter is rebelling and wearing black hmmm) but really they all have some great layers and are really lovable. So yes, the characters are great, I liked them loads and they were funny! And brave too…I also liked how the romance was written with both tension and sweet moments. The plot is pretty good as well, the only negative thing that I’ll say about it (and also the book) is that I saw the “omg” moment coming and also have another guess at what might be do follow later in the series concerning a bit of a mystery with Kenna’s dad. There were, however, several surprises I didn’t see coming so it wasn’t as thought every plot twist was obvious or anything like that!!

World-building was good, I mean on some levels it’s very similar to our own world except for the fact that there are heroes and villains with superpowers. Which makes the book, in my opinion, I adore superheroes and I’m just about always down for a story or adventure featuring them. In this book there’s a firm line drawn between heroes and villains, marking one as clearly being the good guys and the others the bad guys. However as Kenna soon learns things can’t be so black and white as she discovers horrible things that heroes are doing and finds some villains that are just trying to protect their own.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and if you’re a superhero fan I would definitely recommend it.

     ~                   ~                   ~                      ~                      ~                    ~                      ~                        ~

Goodreads • Published June 2015 • First book in the Hero Agenda series • 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have book news or anything!
I'd love to hear about it =)